Skip to main content

Tiffany & Co. Sweet 16

A few months ago, I gave you all a sneak peak of the Tiffany & Co. inspired cookies and cake I was working on.  Well months later, I am finally getting around to posting about it!  I was approached by a friend to make a Sweet 16 cake and cookies.  I was very nervous when I was told that they wanted a Tiffany themed party.... Tiffany's is tied to the concept of elegance and class, but my cakes are still in the amateur phase.



I spent the whole week prior to the order searching the internet for all things Tiffany & Co. related.  I had to make sure that I could represent the theme accurately.  After lots of planning and sketches of how I wanted the cake and cookies to look like, it was time to create!

First, I needed to make my perfect Tiffany blue icing color so I turned to Sugarbelle who is a pure cookie genius! Within minutes I had a gorgeous blue color :) Perfection.

In order to get the dimension on the bow, I also used a technique of Sugarbelle where you flood in stages to add depth and dimension to your cookies. Like I said, pure cookie genius!


Next, it was time for the elegant Tiffany cake.  I am a firm "no fondant" believer, so when I was trying to decide how to make the bow for the cake, I began to question my faith... in the end, I stuck with my true feelings against fondant and created a candy clay/gum paste mixture which fairs a much better taste than fondant.  I did lots of practice bows before I was comfortable enough to create the beauty you see here.  You may not be able to tell here but this was a tall four layer cake meant to represent the cubed shape of a jewelry box.  Overall, I was very happy with the final product, and the cake was such a hit, that a few weeks later, I was asked to make my second Tiffany cake!!  Now that's feedback that I could get used to, more customers :)

Happy Baking!

Comments

  1. I absolutely love that blue color! And, the cake is absolutely gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Amish Friendship Bread & Printable Instructions

Click here to download SMALL Batch instructions.    Click here to download FULL Batch instructions. Anybody ever head of this?!?  Well the other day I was in the break room at work getting water and saw three bags of cream colored mush... Now I had seen these bags several weeks back and didn't pay much attention to them, but these strange looking bags were back, so I decided to stop and read the paper attached to them and saw "Amish Friendship Bread" with strange instructions like "Mush the Bag." Well still not really sure what the bag of goo was, I went back to Google, and read up on it.  It is similar to a chain letter, in the sense that once you get it, you must pass 3 more along.  So this bag of mush is really an active yeast mixture that is supposedly passed down from generation to generation steaming only from the Amish. Now I don't know how true this is, but it has definitely been circulating around my office for a month or so now.  Ev...

Cookies n' Cream Cookies

One of my favorite ice cream flavors has always been Cookies n' Cream, and it is one of the most popular flavors out there.  Now how delicious would it been in a cookie form!??!!  Maybe even served with some Cookies n' Cream ice cream!! Ingredients: 1 cup butter 3/4 cup brown sugar 1/4 cup sugar 2 eggs 1 tsp. vanilla 1 package of instant Oreo pudding mix 2 1/4 cup flour 1/2 tsp. salt 1 tsp. baking soda 2 Hershey's Cookies n' Cream candy bars, broken into chunks 2 cups of Oreo cookies, crushed into pieces Recipe adapted from Food .com

Failed Toffee Making = Toffee Cookies

Have you ever made homemade toffee ? Well I recently attempted to make homemade toffee and it was semi unsuccessful the first round with my toffee separating from the butter creating an extra greasy layer around my toffee. However, the toffee itself was very good. So I managed to clean up most of the excess butter and chopped the toffee to be used in my favorite chocolate chip recipe, and so we have toffee chip cookies! Toffee Chip Cookies, adapted from America's Test Kitchen 2 cups flour 1/2 tsp baking soda 1/2 tsp salt 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted 1 cup packed dark brown sugar 1/2 cup sugar 1 large egg 1 large egg yolk 2 tsp vanilla extract 1 1/2 cup toffee 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (I used Hershey's Special Dark) Sea salt for garnish (1) Preheat oven to 325 degrees. (2)Whisk the flour, baking soda, and salt together in a medium bowl. In a separate bowl, beat the melted butter and sugars together with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. ...