Skip to main content

Graduation & Hello Summer!

Oh Graduation time. A time to rejoice in the accomplishments and hard work of the past years. A closing of a chapter. I still feel like it was yesterday that I closed my chapter of graduate school, but then sadly I realize that was 3 years ago.... not yesterday. Does that make me old? Smiley

Anyway, I had the opportunity to make one awesome, super fun cookie for a college grad. They wanted a 12 inch portrait cookie for the grad's big day.... err you want a 12 inch human portrait? I was nervous, but as always willing to accept the challenge.

I knew this one would really require the creative juices to flow. I have never "cartooned" anybody before. Thankfully with the help of the best boyfriend and assistant ever, we came up with this beauty. We had several sketching competitions to see which cartoon version of Chris would win. I hate to admit it, but the bf won in the end, and I transformed his sketch into a cookie masterpiece, and I do mean MASTERPIECE! Check out this handsome fella!



Happy Graduation Chris! I hope that Baker shared at least some of the cookie with you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amish Friendship Bread & Printable Instructions

Click here to download SMALL Batch instructions.    Click here to download FULL Batch instructions. Anybody ever head of this?!?  Well the other day I was in the break room at work getting water and saw three bags of cream colored mush... Now I had seen these bags several weeks back and didn't pay much attention to them, but these strange looking bags were back, so I decided to stop and read the paper attached to them and saw "Amish Friendship Bread" with strange instructions like "Mush the Bag." Well still not really sure what the bag of goo was, I went back to Google, and read up on it.  It is similar to a chain letter, in the sense that once you get it, you must pass 3 more along.  So this bag of mush is really an active yeast mixture that is supposedly passed down from generation to generation steaming only from the Amish. Now I don't know how true this is, but it has definitely been circulating around my office for a month or so now.  Ev...

Cookies n' Cream Cookies

One of my favorite ice cream flavors has always been Cookies n' Cream, and it is one of the most popular flavors out there.  Now how delicious would it been in a cookie form!??!!  Maybe even served with some Cookies n' Cream ice cream!! Ingredients: 1 cup butter 3/4 cup brown sugar 1/4 cup sugar 2 eggs 1 tsp. vanilla 1 package of instant Oreo pudding mix 2 1/4 cup flour 1/2 tsp. salt 1 tsp. baking soda 2 Hershey's Cookies n' Cream candy bars, broken into chunks 2 cups of Oreo cookies, crushed into pieces Recipe adapted from Food .com

Failed Toffee Making = Toffee Cookies

Have you ever made homemade toffee ? Well I recently attempted to make homemade toffee and it was semi unsuccessful the first round with my toffee separating from the butter creating an extra greasy layer around my toffee. However, the toffee itself was very good. So I managed to clean up most of the excess butter and chopped the toffee to be used in my favorite chocolate chip recipe, and so we have toffee chip cookies! Toffee Chip Cookies, adapted from America's Test Kitchen 2 cups flour 1/2 tsp baking soda 1/2 tsp salt 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted 1 cup packed dark brown sugar 1/2 cup sugar 1 large egg 1 large egg yolk 2 tsp vanilla extract 1 1/2 cup toffee 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (I used Hershey's Special Dark) Sea salt for garnish (1) Preheat oven to 325 degrees. (2)Whisk the flour, baking soda, and salt together in a medium bowl. In a separate bowl, beat the melted butter and sugars together with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. ...