Skip to main content

A Beautiful July 4th Wedding

Destination weddings are so exciting. Not only do you get to celebrate the joyous day of a couple's love joined together, but you also get a small vacation!

I was recently asked to attend a beautiful summer wedding in Washington, D.C. Not just any summer wedding but a July 4th weekend wedding in the Nation's Capital city! And it doesn't end there... I was also asked to make all of the wedding favors. You can't say no to the bride, right? But of course, I was happy to make the cake ball favors.

The week leading up to the trip was obviously more stressful than attending just any old wedding since I had to plan for the cake balls and how to travel with them. My biggest fear for the trip was Texas summer heat.... and then traveling to D.C. summer heat, which really isn't much cooler than Texas. Because cake balls are coated in chocolate, the recent 110 + degree temperatures in Austin were a HUGE threat to my precious little cake balls. We made sure to cool down the car before jumping in with the precious cargo, and thankfully with the heavy reliance on air conditioning, everybody made it safely to D.C.

Once we arrived in D.C., we had an amazing 5 day weekend with lots of friends and getting to celebrate such a joyous occasion! We enjoyed great food, beautiful fireworks, amazing museums and truly spending quality time with friends.

Congrats to the beautiful Bride and Groom! The wedding was phenomenal and I wish you two the best of luck and a lifetime of happiness together!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amish Friendship Bread & Printable Instructions

Click here to download SMALL Batch instructions.    Click here to download FULL Batch instructions. Anybody ever head of this?!?  Well the other day I was in the break room at work getting water and saw three bags of cream colored mush... Now I had seen these bags several weeks back and didn't pay much attention to them, but these strange looking bags were back, so I decided to stop and read the paper attached to them and saw "Amish Friendship Bread" with strange instructions like "Mush the Bag." Well still not really sure what the bag of goo was, I went back to Google, and read up on it.  It is similar to a chain letter, in the sense that once you get it, you must pass 3 more along.  So this bag of mush is really an active yeast mixture that is supposedly passed down from generation to generation steaming only from the Amish. Now I don't know how true this is, but it has definitely been circulating around my office for a month or so now.  Ev...

Cookies n' Cream Cookies

One of my favorite ice cream flavors has always been Cookies n' Cream, and it is one of the most popular flavors out there.  Now how delicious would it been in a cookie form!??!!  Maybe even served with some Cookies n' Cream ice cream!! Ingredients: 1 cup butter 3/4 cup brown sugar 1/4 cup sugar 2 eggs 1 tsp. vanilla 1 package of instant Oreo pudding mix 2 1/4 cup flour 1/2 tsp. salt 1 tsp. baking soda 2 Hershey's Cookies n' Cream candy bars, broken into chunks 2 cups of Oreo cookies, crushed into pieces Recipe adapted from Food .com

Failed Toffee Making = Toffee Cookies

Have you ever made homemade toffee ? Well I recently attempted to make homemade toffee and it was semi unsuccessful the first round with my toffee separating from the butter creating an extra greasy layer around my toffee. However, the toffee itself was very good. So I managed to clean up most of the excess butter and chopped the toffee to be used in my favorite chocolate chip recipe, and so we have toffee chip cookies! Toffee Chip Cookies, adapted from America's Test Kitchen 2 cups flour 1/2 tsp baking soda 1/2 tsp salt 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted 1 cup packed dark brown sugar 1/2 cup sugar 1 large egg 1 large egg yolk 2 tsp vanilla extract 1 1/2 cup toffee 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (I used Hershey's Special Dark) Sea salt for garnish (1) Preheat oven to 325 degrees. (2)Whisk the flour, baking soda, and salt together in a medium bowl. In a separate bowl, beat the melted butter and sugars together with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. ...