Skip to main content

Toy Story Birthday - Jessie Theme

This month has been so hectic, but I guess it's not a bad problem to have. I have had at least one order a week all month long and am behind on posting pictures for them. One of my favorite orders this month was a Toy Story birthday party. I don't know about you guys, but Toy Story was by far, one of my favorite Disney movies. Even when the sequels came out and I was well into my teenage and early adult years. I loved how the sequels showed how Andy grew-up and it seemed to be mostly in line with my growth as well. Truly a GREAT movie, all three of them!

But back to cookies, my all mighty faithful customers in Houston are still reaching out to me for orders and I am so thankful to have their support but it has forced me to learn some of the hassles of shipping cookies. These Jessie cookies were the first order that I have ever shipped. Normally, I only accept Houston orders where I know that I will be back in town for the delivery. But when my customer insisted that I deliver the cookies, I was forced to do some research. As I write this, they are in-transit to Houston, and I hope all goes well. Another Cookie Counter first! It is very exciting that I get to experience all of these "firsts" as a hobby baker.
I am truly thankful to have such AMAZING customers! Smiley Couldn't do it without you guys!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amish Friendship Bread & Printable Instructions

Click here to download SMALL Batch instructions.    Click here to download FULL Batch instructions. Anybody ever head of this?!?  Well the other day I was in the break room at work getting water and saw three bags of cream colored mush... Now I had seen these bags several weeks back and didn't pay much attention to them, but these strange looking bags were back, so I decided to stop and read the paper attached to them and saw "Amish Friendship Bread" with strange instructions like "Mush the Bag." Well still not really sure what the bag of goo was, I went back to Google, and read up on it.  It is similar to a chain letter, in the sense that once you get it, you must pass 3 more along.  So this bag of mush is really an active yeast mixture that is supposedly passed down from generation to generation steaming only from the Amish. Now I don't know how true this is, but it has definitely been circulating around my office for a month or so now.  Ev...

Cookies n' Cream Cookies

One of my favorite ice cream flavors has always been Cookies n' Cream, and it is one of the most popular flavors out there.  Now how delicious would it been in a cookie form!??!!  Maybe even served with some Cookies n' Cream ice cream!! Ingredients: 1 cup butter 3/4 cup brown sugar 1/4 cup sugar 2 eggs 1 tsp. vanilla 1 package of instant Oreo pudding mix 2 1/4 cup flour 1/2 tsp. salt 1 tsp. baking soda 2 Hershey's Cookies n' Cream candy bars, broken into chunks 2 cups of Oreo cookies, crushed into pieces Recipe adapted from Food .com

Failed Toffee Making = Toffee Cookies

Have you ever made homemade toffee ? Well I recently attempted to make homemade toffee and it was semi unsuccessful the first round with my toffee separating from the butter creating an extra greasy layer around my toffee. However, the toffee itself was very good. So I managed to clean up most of the excess butter and chopped the toffee to be used in my favorite chocolate chip recipe, and so we have toffee chip cookies! Toffee Chip Cookies, adapted from America's Test Kitchen 2 cups flour 1/2 tsp baking soda 1/2 tsp salt 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted 1 cup packed dark brown sugar 1/2 cup sugar 1 large egg 1 large egg yolk 2 tsp vanilla extract 1 1/2 cup toffee 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (I used Hershey's Special Dark) Sea salt for garnish (1) Preheat oven to 325 degrees. (2)Whisk the flour, baking soda, and salt together in a medium bowl. In a separate bowl, beat the melted butter and sugars together with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. ...