1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, room temp
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 tsp. vanilla
1 large egg
3/4 cup powdered sugar
3/4 cup peanut butter
Recipe from King Arthur Flour
(1) Preheat oven to 375˚F. Mix together the dry ingredients (flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt) and set aside.
(2) In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, 1/2 cup peanut butter, and both sugars until fluffy. Add the vanilla and egg, making sure to incorporate well.
(3) Mix in the dry ingredients until blended, and set aside the completed chocolate mixture.
(4) Make the peanut butter mixture by combining the powdered sugar and the 3/4 cup of peanut butter. Beat well until the mixture comes together and is fluffy.
(5) Roll the peanut butter mixture into 1 inch balls. The dough may be a little sticky but it should not prevent you from handling it.
(6) Using an equal amount of the chocolate mixture as the peanut butter mixture, create a flat round circle (similar to a wonton wrapper).
(7) Place the peanut butter ball inside the chocolate circle and wrap around while still allowing some of the peanut butter ball to peak out. Lightly flatten the cookie and place on baking sheet.